I turned 43 this week, and I’ll tell you right now I have a big challenge ahead of me. How can I ensure the next year of my life will exceed the previous one in terms of epic win? Let’s review what’s happened since August 25, 2013:
- I helped organized the adult programming track at MarsCon.
- I went to New York City and conquered my fear of the Roosevelt Island Tramway.
- I went to Sicily. Friggin’ Sicily. I went to the town where my great-grandparents lived before they fled Mussolini.
- I celebrated 20 years of marriage.
- I attended my 25-year high school reunion.
- I got a new car.
- I was a Featured Author at Authors After Dark.
- I published my first Decadent title, A Different Class.
Yeah, that’s quite a bit of win, given the greater scheme of things. Of course, I’ve had to deal with some disappointments. The TARDIS has yet to make an appearance in my backyard. I might finally need glasses, too. Come to think of it, those things may be related. Maybe I overlooked the Doctor thanks to my bad eyesight. Damn.
I’m not worried, though. There are things on the horizon for Year 43 that could lead to good things. I have an invitation to Finland to visit a friend – just have to come up with airfare. I have an awesome job, and I write. I may not meet the Doctor this year, but I found a Who-themed restaurant in New York, so that’s one road trip planned.
Above all else, I hope to have more stories for readers to enjoy. While at AAD, somebody pointed out to me that they enjoy my M/M romance more than anything else. I may take the time to explore that genre more, and if reader response is positive I’ll keep at it.
For now, I’m off to have cake.