Is your to-do list ever so long that you feel completely overwhelmed? So, instead of tackling the list, you procrastinate doing any of it? It’s totally counterproductive, but that’s what I’ve been doing this week.
My writing to-do list is LONG, and I actually procrastinated yesterday by mowing the front lawn, back lawn, and courtyard area in “feels like” 105 degree weather. In case you don’t know, that’s HOT! Ha.
What’s on my list, you ask?
- Finish 3 short stories for different projects
- Write a dark romance for another project
- Overhaul my website
- Re-link everything on the Sexy to Go website
- Complete edits on a recently accepted book
- Write an overdue sequel for my Hunting Hell series
- Write Book 3 in my Fated Foxes series
- I’m getting rights back to my very first series on July 15th. I’m going to self-publish those books. So, I have to re-edit all three of them, make covers, and format them for various outlets, and then set up promotions for them.
I’m excited about all of the above. But, I’m one of those people who wants everything done NOW. Obviously, I can’t make it all happen at once and that’s when I start feeling overwhelmed. Plus, I have to take care of the animal kids, spend time with the husby, take care of the house, grocery shop, etc. You know, normal life stuff.
I also have insomnia and am a worry wart. I mean, I worry about everything. <—Thaty no helpy at ally.
Advice for chilling the hell out and tackling that to-do list, welcomed!
Have a great weekend!